This Monday I returned from a glorious two weeks in Hawaii. Leaving there was a bit sad, but it’s always nice to come home and sleep in your own bed, instead of one you can pull out of a couch. If anyone’s interested, I could do some sort of post with pictures from the trip…but for now, I’ve been tagged by the marvelous Clara! And I feel honored. (Oh hey, and Five Glass Slippers is officially out now! I’ve even received my copy! Right now you can buy the Kindle version for .99 cents. Don’t have a Kindle? Neither do I, but I got the Kindle app for my Apple gadgets; it works great.)
So for this Sunflower award thingie, I have to tell you eleven random facts about myself and then answer eleven questions from Clara. Then I get to tag more people and ask them eleven questions. Here we go!
- I haven’t seen Star Wars all the way through. Yes, it’s a shock, I know. I’ve seen little bits of most of the movies and the ends of the original three, but I’ve never seen them all the way through. I intend to, though.
- I like to drink my coffee or tea scalding hot. For some reason, I have an almost un-burnable tongue.
- A few years ago, I didn’t like superhero movies; they just didn’t interest me. But then Thor came out and I was like, “Woah! Norse mythology! That movie looks cool!” And while watching the trailer for Thor my sister and I realized that some guy (a.k.a Tom Hiddleston) from Return to Cranford was in the movie. So naturally, we had to see it.
- This makes me laugh no matter how many times I look at it:
5. Bell peppers are my nemesis. I abhor them with a burning passion.
6. My favorite superhero is Spider-Man (the Andrew Garfield one).
7. I wish I had a cat, but I don’t. I’ve had hamsters, though. They’re pretty cute unless they like to bite you.
8. I love listening to movie soundtracks. Hans Zimmer is awesome! So is John Powell (he does the music for How To Train Your Dragon).
9. I name my Apple gadgets. My iPod’s name is Meep and my iPad is Jarvis.
10. I am slightly addicted to Minecraft Pocket Addition. (I know, I know, it’s not a very writerly thing to do…)
11. I don’t have a sweet tooth; I have a chocolate tooth. Yay chocolate!
Clara’s Questions for Me
1. Who was your first literary crush?
Hmmm….This is a hard question. I didn’t have literary crushes, really, when I was younger; though considering my extreme love of Narnia, it may have been either Edmund, Peter, or Prince Caspian. Perhaps Crispin from the Mistmantle Chronicles (even though he’s a squirrel, he’s awesome. I think you understand, Clara).
2. What “type” of story do you see yourself retelling in different ways in your writerly future?
Well, I have an idea for a sweet, poignant romance/adventure set on post-apocalyptic earth. There’s also a lot of inspiration from Shakespeare’s Two Gentlemen of Verona mashed in there. The dystopian post-apocalyptic world has been waaaay overdone; I think this idea would an interesting, fresh take on such a situation.
3. Do you snack while you write?
I usually write while sitting in a nice, plush chair, around which there is no good place to put snacks. So snacking or drinking tea/coffee is hard to do. But when I’m writing school papers at the school room table, well, snacks are always welcome.
4. Favorite movie star?
Tom Hiddleston; he’s just…well, so awesome. And he seems like a really nice person, from what I’ve heard. Second place would be Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone. They are absolutely adorable together!
5. Pretend your literary crush asks you to go on an adventure with him. How do you respond, and what sort of villains will you face?
I don’t know who I’d pick as literary crush…hmm…Mr. Knightly, probably, or Captain Wentworth. I’d be thrilled to go adventuring with either of them; we probably wouldn’t face any villains, just jaunt around the English countryside and have some tea.
6. What’s your favorite fairy tale and why?
Beauty and the Beast, because it’s such a beautiful story. And the Disney movie is great (the restaurant, Be Our Guest, in Disney World is AMAZING!!!) But seriously, the romance is a lot more realistic in Beauty and the Beast because they don’t instantly fall in love. It take time.
7. If you could choose to spend one day with anyone, who would it be?
This is an insanely hard question!!! Um…maybe I’d choose of the bloggy people I’ve met and hang out with them. That would be fun.
8. Who do you most look up to in the writing world?
Hmm, the writer whom I most look up to is probably C. S. Lewis. However, since I’ve entered the world of writing blogs, I really look up to Mirriam Neal. Her blog was one of the first writing blog I followed and through her blog, I found a lot of the other blogs I follow now. She’s a really fun person and has some really cool stories in the works.
9. What character from LOTR would do you think you most resemble in personality?
Though with my height I could pass for an elf, my personality most resembles either Merry or Pippin. I can be kind of careless sometimes, but I’m usually pretty optimistic. And I can be kind of goofy…as my big sister can attest. 😛
10. Where do you spend most of your time?
That depends on the time of the year. During the school year, I’m either in the school room, maybe in the family room getting a couples hours of free time, or in bed, sleeping. Because sleep is wonderful. But during the summer, my location changes a bit more during the day…I’d say I’m still at home a lot, but not in the school room as much; school during the summer is no fun.
11. What weapon would you prefer to fight with: sword, dagger, bow and arrows, or pistol?
Bow and arrows, any day (well, if I knew how to shoot with a bow…). Because who doesn’t want to look like an elf?
So that’s it, folks! I’m going to be a lazy bum and only tag a few people. And they are….
(Don’t feel like you have to do the tag thingie). So here are my eleven questions:
- Tell us a little about the story you’re working on (if you’re working on one).
- What’s the best book you’ve read in the last six months?
- What’s the worst book you’ve read in the last six months?
- Favorite Avenger?
- Which Mr. Darcy do you prefer: Colin Firth or Matthew Mcfadyen?
- What is your favorite joke? Please tell it!
- If you could take the place of any Disney princess and marry their prince, who would you choose?
- What is your favorite book cover?
- What sort of music do you listen to while writing?
- How long have you been writing for?
- Do you like getting tagged for blog awards?