It’s Beautiful People time! If you’ve never heard of Beautiful People, it’s a monthly blog meme hosted by Cait and Sky so you can get to know your characters better. In preparation for November, I did one of my characters from my NaNoWriMo novel for this year. My story is Peter Pan retelling where Peter and Tink are superheroes—that’s all I’ll say for now. 😉 Without further ado, here is Peter!
(my current face for Peter)
- They’re in a crisis: who would they really like to see right now?
Either his mom or his best friend, Tink. If the crisis involved getting in trouble with his mom or step-dad, he’d probably go to Tink first.
- Are they easy to get along with?
Yes; Peter is very easy-going and fun and to be around. Sometimes he can be a little bossy. But if you’re trying to get him to act responsibly, you’ll have some problems.
- Who was the last person they had a deep conversation with?
With his mom when he was five. His father had just walked out on the family, and so Peter told his mom he’d never grow up so that he’d never be like his father. His mother tried to tell him that everyone grows up, but Peter remained determined to keep his promise.
- They’re in the middle of a huge crowd of people: how do they feel?
Peter is good in almost any setting, as long as he doesn’t have to act responsibility. He tries to look for the adventure in everything. Thus, crowds don’t really bother him.
- Do they believe in luck or miracles?
Peter vaguely believes in miracles, but he doesn’t think much about his beliefs. It sounds like a very “adult” thing to do.
- Do they like and get along with their neighbours?
Peter doesn’t pay much attention to his neighbors, but yes, he does get along his neighbors.
- If they could travel anywhere in the world, where would they go?
Peter wants to go anywhere adventure can be found. His planet, Neverland, is inhabited by humans and pixies, a humanoid race from another planet. He wants to go to the pixies’ home planet someday, especially since it’s rumored to be very dangerous.
- How do they feel about their body?
Peter is short-ish and rather scrawny, which sometimes bothers him—but mostly not. Even if he’s not strong in a fight, he’s very fast.
- What is the cruelest thing someone has ever said to them? How did they react?
The worst thing you can say to Peter is that he’s like his dad—his dad who left his family when he was five. Peter’s one life goal is not be like his dad. If you tell Peter he’s like his dad, he’ll probably just get depressed and moody.
- What’s the kindest thing someone has ever said to them? How did they react?
His mom once told him no matter what choices he makes in life, she’ll always love him. That made him very happy.
What about you? Are any of you doing NaNoWriMo? If so, do you know what your novel will be? I’d love to hear about it!